MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Monday, monday....(on Wednesday)

It most definitely feels like a Monday....one of those blarghy Mondays....There is laundry reproducing in all the dark corners of my home, doing their sneaky, snaky tricks to double in size. There are dust bunnies cavorting in corners, as well,....hiding, lurking, pressing themselves against the baseboards to remain invisible until company arrives and they jump out to scare and intimidate,....me, mostly. Any why, you ask, is this loving mother of 3, or 5, or 6, or ocassionally more, doing nothing to dispel her home of the legions of dirt and grime and other creepy things that go bump in the night? LAZY...plain old lazy, and plain old tired of the same old tasks done in the same old way......
I think I'd rather sail away......Ever think about it? A small but durable sailboat, docked on some safe inland lake.....stocked with crackers and cheese and a bottle or two of wine, and a pound of coffee and some cream....Imagine yourself, driving up under cover of dusk, parking your car in the trees, and then glancing surrepitously around, making sure no one is there who can witness your fancy....I'd climb aboard, and row out into the shallows, following the moonbeams just now lighting paths across the lake,....After a time, I'd raise the sails,.....enjoy a brisk joyride through the stars. To the center of the lake, the deepest and darkest part of the water, I'd drop anchor, toss out an old tattered quilt, and sit down, naked to feel the lake winds on my body and to watch how the moon forgives the old lady bumps, bulges and blemishes, as the silver light it casts hides and shields all.
A glass of wine, a wedge of cheese,....a few words of prayer, bits and pieces of an old melody playing in my brain, grounding me, and bringing me back to the psychic place in my head and heart that are my home.

Okay, okay,...................so it's only the ramblings of a middle aged woman. A middle aged woman who needs to tidy this house, this home to so many.....but I refuse to forget that there is also an ageless, timeless girl who lives inside this broken down old body...and she could care less about the dust bunnies and the mountains of laundry, and the fresh brocolli in the refrigerator which needs to be cooked tonight of spoil...

No comments:

Post a Comment