MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A quickie

Time for just a quickie thought....Sunday...driving down the road, alone in the car...(a rarity)I was playing a Jackson Browne cd at full tilt,and "The Naked Ride Home" played. Since the first time I heard this song, it has reminded me of a particular time in my life, a particular way of feeling....................and when I heard it Sunday afternoon, as I drove just at sunset, I cried. Cried for all the things I am missing and have missed.....cried mostly for myself, that girl I was and will never be again....remembering the passion and the intensity of those days long gone by...I was thinking that it seemed, (at least looking at it now), that those moments actually vibrated with feeling..................like the vibration of each tender musical note picked out on a guitar. Every moment, every thought was ripe, just dripping with life at it's most pure form.
Long before the waters of love, hope, faith and duty were muddied by the responsibilities of real life. Real Life..."real life"..............thinking at that time I had it, then growing up and realizing I didn't, and now, wondering if I didn't have more of it then. Maybe real life is when you live and are guided by your wants and your passions and your desires....maybe the way I am living right now, the way people expect someone my age to, the way I rush around, trying to be everything to everybody is not living at all.
.........and just maybe, laying it all down, picking up the feelings I laid down so many years ago, I can start to really live again.
Can I do it? No one here knows me from those days...........no one at all, and God how I miss you two that did!

No comments:

Post a Comment