MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day.....

So, once again, it has been months since I have written.....months since I have had time to write....The words in my head are bumping around, running into each other, changing their meaning, and I think, for sanity sake, I need to let them out.
Sometimes I ride in the car.....(Let's face it, between commuting between two jobs, going to visit my Dad and going to physical therapy, there is a SURPLUS of time for my mind to be alone with itself, which may or may not be a good thing),  sometimes I am driving in the car, and the thoughts are rolling out like steam from a steaming pot of Chamomile on a January morning in Maine.  Sometimes I feel that if I put up double sided tape all over the inside of the car, I could catch some of these words, these thoughts, before they go flying off into the universe.  If I am being honest, my best thoughts, my best work is going on in the car.  (not saying I am the safest driver out there),.....but then by the time I try to put the words on paper, the only words I can remember are words like "should" and "ought", and we all know that those words are the voice of someone else, certainly not me, the radical, secretly rebellious me.....
So yesterday, during my rendez-vous with obligation, I was trying, OH SO HARD to wax poetic, to formulate strong sentences, filled with positivity and wisdom, and most of the words got stuck on the figurative roof of my mouth on the way out, and what I was left with was the word blog....
Blog,......fog......smog,...........jog,.......and it occurred to me that all of these rhyming words mean something to me, (not necessarily for the good), and that when the time came, if nothing else came to mind, there was always this,....this perchance coincidence that I am one with the words.....(egotistical? ME?)

Bog....
(noun) wet, spongy ground composed mainly of decayed vegetable matter...
(verb) to sink in, or as if in a bog....example :" I was bogged down by overwork...."

(need I say more?).....I would say that bog, both noun and verb apply....

Cog (skipping a few definitions, but going directly to the heart of the matter), "a person who plays a minor part in a large organization , activity or enterprise"  example "She is just another cog in the machine"...(Do you all see where I am going with this?)

Dog (and again, skipping the obvious definitions.....)
(verb)  to follow or track like a dog; especially with hostile intent; hound
example: "She was dogged by responsibilities"

Okay, so am I sounding a little bitter?  Not meaning to,......
I think I am going to take a little break from homonyms,....(or is it homophones....how soon we forget), and get back to the subject of this entry.

Mothers Day.....the children, of both sets, (hereafter known as the "big kids", and the "little kids", though I am sure none of them want to identify with the title "little kids") have made a very nice birthday/mothers day weekend for me, as has Michael, the poor man who is unfortunate enough to have to live with me....
Last night Jboy1 invited us all over to his house for a cookout,.....which was awesome and amazing and quite relaxing, as it is set in a sloping wooded community, and when night fell, and we sat on the deck staring up at the stars between a canopy of trees...All of the kidlets were there(except A, who was otherwise previously engaged), as well as the grand kidlets....even Jboy2 who often prefers his own people, that raucous group of late teens, early twenties...
This morning, while Michael made me meat candy (bacon) of which I have not partaken of in perhaps a year), C and L went out into the garden and cut some of my beautiful roses and brought them to me in a lovely pink teapot, they sit here at my side, their fragrance reminding me of youth, and bubble baths and prom night.....
A will be arriving soon to take me to the restaurant across the street for a mother's day brunch....,
and speaking of that, I fear I must finish up, close up shop, and retire to my bedroom to dress like a mother ought to when she is going out in public with her daughter... I "should" be ready when she gets here...

There are those words again.....





No comments:

Post a Comment