MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Monday, January 25, 2010

The twelveth of never

Don't know why I title tonights missile that. Seems like it may have been the title to a song way back when,..............................when Donny Osmond and I were young lovers, or when I, at least, thought it was still possible.

Never! That is when I am going to feel young and vibrant again....or so it feels, at least tonight. and why I say this, I am not sure. Actually, as days go, this one has been good...or at least NOT bad.

Today the skies unleashed and purged the trauma and the drama from the day. The deluge ended just at work time, and the sky that appeared before me as I drove down this old country road was magnificent......opulent, even. A crystaline blue that tricked one and all into thinking that maybe, just maybe, spring had arrived just, oh, I don't know................a couple of months early.

It was glorious. And as will happen when we have those rare days of springlike warmth and beauty, I felt new breath within....an opportunity for something purposeful, something meaningful....something important.

I searched all day long, and couldn't exactly find what I was looking for....Maybe because the sun set and the cold winter wind blew all of the hope and the expectation away before I could grab hold of it.

Here is what I do know: That hope, that small flicker of anticipation is enough.......just that brief fling into spring kindled some little bit of something, and I know that it will hold me, at least until another warm and sunny day.
I also know this: Today I am grateful for my children having a trauma free day, which in turn, offers me a lazy, "roll around, relax a bit,enjoy the evening without adrenaline" kind of night, for which I am PROFOUNDLY grateful....

So where did I start? Oh yes, the twelveth of never.....Let's make that the 25th of tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment