MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

So, I came to realize that it had been over a year since I wrote anything here.......anything at all.........even a word. There are so many words I could have written this past year......like fear or bitterness,..................desperation. Deep sorrow for a friend........................followed by wondrous amazement for same friend. Pride.

Other words I could have written. Melancholy. Nostalgia. Grief. Exhaustion. Worry. I guess one of the more important words this past year has been Acceptance.

I have accepted (finally) that the world will never be the same.......I will never be a young mother again, in fact I will never be a young anything again, ........I will never live in a world with my mother again, with my dear Glenn, and I will never awaken in the morning with that sense of carefree abandon.

But.................when I review this year, there are other words I could write, and some of them, for the very first time. Words like nurturing and kind, creative. Capacity for caring.......Stage designer.
Artistry. Teacher.

I have become. I am someone I can be proud of.....................and maybe I already have been, but being it and knowing it, feeling it, walking in it's shoes................that is completely different.
All those years ago when I thought of who I would be when I got to this place in my life, I have become....(although if I am being honest, I thought I would be here alot more peace-filled and IMMENSELY more prosperous).

So, as the New Year begins, I am. I am not in between roles, wondering who I am and where I am going. I am here, and maybe I can fold and put away the map, start to build my home and live in "this" place. I can genuinely BE this me and be the best I can be.

2 comments:

  1. it iis wonderful to see you writing again. , I have missed reading both you and Jaime's blogs. this is an important lesson for all of us...not to wait for our lives to begin but live today! YOU ARE someone who you can be proud of and I am privileged to be your friend! Keep writing .....for ALL of us! love you!

    ReplyDelete