MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolve? Me?

Here it is...................that grand old dame of days. The day to resolve to better ourselves, to get thinner, smarter, more sober, less selfish, more religious......I think I will resolve to get dressed every day...it seems I have found myself the last few days of 2009 not dressing (though I did change into a clean nightgown yesterday in honor of the new years eve festivities here at home). Yes, yes,..........I do dress when I am going to work. But it is getting harder and harder to find something that does not feel like it is squeezing the very life out of me. So, yes, I guess, in order to keep one resolution, I will have to work on another one.......the 'thinner" me resolution....Okay, so I have been resolving that since God was a child....or at the very least since I was a child. I am going to try SSSOOOOOOOOOOOO hard this time.Now I am guessing I have to resolve to be more religious, because I know without God and His help, those twinkies will be calling, calling, c-a-l-l-i-n-g my name.....
Why? Why, I want to know do some of us struggle and struggle with food? You know it and I know it. There are women out there who eat what they want when they want it and never, ever gain an ounce...BITCHES! How did I get cursed with these genes?
Someone once said that nothing tastes as good as thin feels..................All I am saying is THAT person either had no taste buds or that I have never been thin. I cannot imagine that thin feels THAT good. But yes, yet again I will try. I must. I feel like I am stretching the seams of my own body, and occasionally I almost think I hear the ripping of fabric....
A thinner me means no more sleep machine (maybe one day),.....................it means no more aching legs ALL OF THE TIME.....it means being comfortable in summer in something other than a tent dress, and it means feeling like a woman once again, instead of this amorphous, asexual being I have become....(Anyone remember "Pat" from SNL?"
So there it is folks....On january 1, 2010 I am promising myself that I will spend more time with God who will help me lose weight so that I will want to get dressed and go somewhere..................
Uh-oh.....................go somewhere????????????? Not another resolution!

No comments:

Post a Comment