MamaMcCares

MamaMcCares
Sanity is all relative!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday, the 15th

I can pretend, can't I? some of those days that most people think are unlucky are exactly the opposite for me. I am hoping that today marks the beginning of something very new and different in my life. Something,.......something sweet and gooey.....something warm and fuzzy.......something enlightening or, at the very least, something purposeful.
So far, so good.
I mean, really, how much joy and happiness can you REALLY milk from a chilly moose?
More than you'd think. That's my answer and I am sticking to it.
It's all very simple with the young set. You talk about color, and texture, and warmth and friends and it's all good. They can relate.
It feels good to have a job where shining eyes look at you with admiration. (though I will admit, sometimes, at first, they look at me with terror)......it's good when the mommies ask you questions about their development, their talents and skills.
And here is the worst part....I have NO clue how to answer them, other than to say that they are what they are when they are. Just accept that baby artist the way they are. They are developing the way that God intends them to. If little Susie wants to paint all in black, I don't think there is a reason to panic...She's 2. It's dark. There is alot of contrast between black paint and white paper. When Susie is 16, worry about it.
Cutting and gluing and painting and coloring and drawing and mostly just holding it all in your hands is the magic of art when you are a baby.
Yup, today is a good day...a lucky day.....a day of purpose.....
I think I'll paint the sky purple and draw a big orange circle in it to make the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment